Fri, Nov 06|
Red Barn Xmas Shop
PYO Tree Appointment 11/06 Friday AM
Time & Location
Nov 06, 2020, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Red Barn Xmas Shop, 37 Burgess Rd, Townsend, MA 01469, USA
About the event
Thank you for booking your Tree appointment!
Prior to your arrival please read the following rules and requirements:
- Face coverings must be worn within 6 feet of workers or other patrons, when entering buildings, or when sharing rides.
- No dogs will be allowed on the property.
- Photos may be taken in the field for customers purchasing trees, social distancing guidelines apply for photographers.
- Please respect any boundaries posted on the property and follow foot-paths where marked.
- Customers may NOT cut down their own tree. (Do not bring your own saw, no saws will be provided to customers.)
During your visit:
- Please arrive within the hours of your scheduled appointment.
- Drive the Red Barn at the end of Burgess Road. NO PARKING at the Grey Barn or in field.
- Parking will be along the rock-walls to the right, back, and upper front-side of the Red Barn.
- Please have one person from the party check-in at the window.
- During check-in you will be walked through the field guidelines; where to PYO tree, and how to signal employees in the field to help cut your tree, and how to affix the provided tag (unless you choose a tree already tagged in the field)
- After Check-in, please proceed to hayride or walk to the field using the dedicated foot-path. Do not enter the red barn until ready for check-out.
- Hay-Rides are optional, but not required. Face coverings required while on the hay-ride and social distancing.
- Walking paths will be outlined to get to the lower field, please do not deviate from these or walk on the pavement for any reason.
- Once in the field, proceed to the PYO areas outlined during check-in.
- Pick a tree!
- In the event the tree you want has a tag on it already, call the field employee over for help.
- Once a tree is picked out, signal the field employee to come tag and cut the tree for you.
- NO CUSTOMERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO CUT THEIR TREE.
- Once cut and tagged, you can choose to ride up WITH THE TREE on the hay ride (if available), or leave the tree in a designated pick-up area and walk back to the Red Barn.
- Once your tree makes it to the Red Barn it will be baled and measured. The height and tag number will be provided to the cashier.
- Once you make it back to the Red Barn you will be free to shop. Please use the entrance next to the check-in window.
- Once in the line for check-out, provide your tag and all shop purchases to the cashier. If your tree is over the standard size (8 feet) they will inform you at this time.
- Pay for your tree and any other goodies, and proceed through the designated exit.
- Show your tag and receipt to an employee in the yard to collect your tree.
- Employees can help to load your car where it is parked.
- DO NOT pull up to load your tree unless otherwise directed. (Trees over a certain size may require loading.)
- The employee will help load your tree, but cannot affix the tree to your vehicle. It is suggested to bring ratchet-straps or rope; however, baling twine will be provided.