Sun, Nov 29|
37 Burgess Rd
PYO Tree Appointment 11/29 Sunday AM
Time & Location
Nov 29, 2020, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
37 Burgess Rd, 37 Burgess Rd, Townsend, MA 01469, USA
About the event
Thank you for booking your Tree appointment!
Prior to your arrival please read the following rules and requirements:
- Face coverings must be worn within 6 feet of workers or other patrons, when entering buildings, or when sharing rides.
- No dogs will be allowed on the property.
- Photos may be taken in the field for customers purchasing trees, social distancing guidelines apply for photographers.
- Please respect any boundaries posted on the property and follow foot-paths where marked.
- Customers may NOT cut down their own tree. (Do not bring your own saw, no saws will be provided to customers.)
During your visit:
- Please arrive within the hours of your scheduled appointment.
- Drive the Red Barn at the end of Burgess Road. NO PARKING at the Grey Barn or in field.
- Parking will be along the rock-walls to the right, back, and upper front-side of the Red Barn.
- Please have one person from the party check-in at the window.
- During check-in you will be walked through the field guidelines; where to PYO tree, and how to signal employees in the field to help cut your tree, and how to affix the provided tag (unless you choose a tree already tagged in the field)
- After Check-in, please proceed to hayride or walk to the field using the dedicated foot-path. Do not enter the red barn until ready for check-out.
- Hay-Rides are optional, but not required. Face coverings required while on the hay-ride and social distancing.
- Walking paths will be outlined to get to the lower field, please do not deviate from these or walk on the pavement for any reason.
- Once in the field, proceed to the PYO areas outlined during check-in.
- Pick a tree!
- In the event the tree you want has a tag on it already, call the field employee over for help.
- Once a tree is picked out, signal the field employee to come tag and cut the tree for you.
- NO CUSTOMERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO CUT THEIR TREE.
- Once cut and tagged, you can choose to ride up WITH THE TREE on the hay ride (if available), or leave the tree in a designated pick-up area and walk back to the Red Barn.
- Once your tree makes it to the Red Barn it will be baled and measured. The height and tag number will be provided to the cashier.
- Once you make it back to the Red Barn you will be free to shop. Please use the entrance next to the check-in window.
- Once in the line for check-out, provide your tag and all shop purchases to the cashier. If your tree is over the standard size (8 feet) they will inform you at this time.
- Pay for your tree and any other goodies, and proceed through the designated exit.
- Show your tag and receipt to an employee in the yard to collect your tree.
- Employees can help to load your car where it is parked.
- DO NOT pull up to load your tree unless otherwise directed. (Trees over a certain size may require loading.)
- The employee will help load your tree, but cannot affix the tree to your vehicle. It is suggested to bring ratchet-straps or rope; however, baling twine will be provided.